Krugerrand 1/10oz Gold Coin 2016
The Rand Refinery was the inventor of the standard 1oz investment gold coin. With the launch of the Krugerrand in 1969 it still produces the most well-known gold coin in the world today.
|Quantity||Price, incl. Taxes|
Share this product:
The Gold Krugerrand was introduced by the South African Mint in 1967. The Gold Krugerrand coin series is available in 1 oz, ½ oz, ¼ oz and 1/10 oz. The fractional Gold Krugerrands were introduced in 1980. The 1/10 oz is the smallest coin in the series. The gold alloy consists of 91.66% gold with the remaining content being copper. The purity level is 917/1000 and is a 22 karat gold coin.
Weight, Size & Premium
Fractional gold coins are popular because of their convenient size and the flexibility they offer investors. It should be mentioned that the 1/10 oz Gold Krugerrand can often carry a higher premium. This is due to higher costs to mint small coins.
|Krugerrand 1/10 oz||3.11 g||16.5 mm||1.19 mm|
- One of the biggest advantages of the Krugerrand is its global brand name. The Gold Krugerrand is one of the most popular and widely owned gold coins in the world.
- Too date, approximately 50 million ounces of krugerrands have been sold around the world. This makes the Krugerrand one of top selling bullion coins globally.
- The Krugerrand has had a major influence on the gold market. Because of the success of the Gold Krugerrand, other mints introduced their own bullion coins to compete with the Krugerrand.
- The Gold Maple Leaf was introduced in 1979, the Australian Nugget in 1981, the Chinese Panda in 1982, the American Eagle in 1986 and the Gold Britannia in 1987. All of these coins, while different, were based on following the Krugerrand model.
- Anyone deciding to purchase the Gold Krugerrand is getting a high quality, well designed, durable bullion coin. Because of its international brand name and high volume circulation, the Krugerrand is also very liquid.
- Manufacturer: Rand Refinery
- Country of origin: South Africa
- Year of Issue: 2016
- Karat: 22 K
- Fineness: 916.66 / 1000
- Copper content: 8.34%
- Alloy: Gold/copper alloy
- Size: 1/10 oz
- Scratch resistance: good
|Country of Origin||South-Africa|
|Gross Weight||3.39 gram|
|Denomination (oz)||1/10 oz|
|Year of issue||2016|
|Packing||Single in Pouch|
|Packing Unit||10, 20 or 25 per Tube|
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.