Krugerrand 1/2oz Gold Coin 2016
The Rand Refinery was the inventor of the standard 1oz investment gold coin. With the launch of the Krugerrand in 1969 it still produces the most well-known gold coin in the world today.
|Quantity||Price, incl. Taxes|
Share this product:
The Krugerrand Gold coin was introduced in 1967 and by 1980 it accounted for 90% of the global gold coin market. The Gold Krugerrand has had periods where it has been one of the top selling gold coins in the world. In 1978, six million Krugerrands were produced. Sales of Krugerrands slowed in 1986 due to the embargo against South Africa by the US and Europe. After the sanctions ended in 1994, sales of Krugerrands began to increase again, but have not reached the high levels seen in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s. The Gold Krugerrand is one of the most recognizable and popular gold bullion coins in the world. The ½ oz, ¼ oz and 1/10 oz are ideal weights for investors who are looking for alternatives to the 1 oz coin.
Key Dimensions: ½ oz Gold Krugerrand 2016
The ½ oz, ¼ oz and 1/10 oz Gold Krugerrands were introduced in 1980. Gold Krugerrand coins are 22 karat gold with a purity of 91.66% gold.
|1/2 oz||15.55 g||27 mm||2.24 mm|
- Because of the high volume of coins in circulation, the Gold Krugerrand is one of the top traded gold coins on the market. It is therefore very liquid and can easily be bought and sold at most precious metals dealers around the world.
- For those investors looking for a durable name brand gold coin, the South African Krugerrand is an excellent choice. The gold alloy is 91.66% gold and 8.34% copper. This alloy makes the Krugerrand more resilient and less susceptible to surface scratches.
- The Gold alloy also is the reason for the Krugerrands unique and distinctive reddish gold appearance. The red gold coloring of the coin contributes to its popularity among investors and collectors.
- The Krugerrand in any size is great choice for investors who are interested in buying physical gold.
- Manufacturer: Rand Refinery
- Country of origin: South Africa
- Year of Issue: 2016
- Karat: 22 K
- Fineness: 916.66 / 1000
- Copper content: 8.34%
- Alloy: Gold/copper alloy
- Size: ½ oz
- Scratch resistance: good
|Country of Origin||South-Africa|
|Gross Weight||16.97 gram|
|Denomination (oz)||1/2 oz|
|Year of issue||2016|
|Packing||Single in Pouch|
|Packing Unit||10, 20 or 25 per Tube|
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.